Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Back In The States....Life Is Different






Well...long time since the last blog update. Many reasons for that...but here we are. The "in-between" team arrived back in Nashville friday morning and have been getting back in the groove of things. I, personally, slept forever friday and saturday.

Things have been rather interesting getting back in the swing of things. First of all, my logic board on my laptop went out our last night in Malawi so I was without a computer the last couple of days there. Yeah, got home and went straight to mac authority to start the repair process. It is still in repair. Not a cheap repair either. Yuk...so I have commandeered my wife's mac to start trudging through some editing.

At any rate, team 2 got all of their bags ok the next day. They got off to a great start on the project and will be in Malawi through this friday and return to Nashville on Saturday of this week. I found out today that tomorrow they will be meeting with the US ambassador to Malawi at the Adziwa project site. Really cool stuff!

It has been quite hard to get back into things here. Just as I returned last time from Africa, I am finding myself continually thinking about Africa and how posh I have it here. It is keeping me centered. When I want to complain, I shortly realize that in the whole grand scheme of things, I have nothing to complain about. Things could be a LOT worse. Sobering.

I have been forced to always look on the bright side and really remember what truly matters.

As I have begun the edit process, I have come across a couple images that I want to share. Enjoy.

No comments: